TOP 3 SURVEY FOR NINE’S TALK RADIO STATIONS
Nine’s talk radio stations recorded their best ever result in the 3 survey, with 1.92 million listeners tuning in weekly on 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, up 10% from one year to the next.
The results are led by Sydney’s 2GB and Melbourne’s 3AW, cementing their position as the most listened to radio stations in Australia’s two largest cities.
The 2022 GfK 3 survey shows that 2GB posted a winning share of 13 while 3AW achieved a share of 14.7 people aged 10 and over.
In the 25-54 age group, Nine’s radio stations increased their audience by 8%.
Greg Byrnes, Nine Radio’s Chief Content Officer, said: “After our best start to the year, we have attracted even more listeners during this survey period. The year-over-year result is impressive given that 2GB is up over 21%, 4BC up 15% and 3AW up almost 10%. In Sydney, Ben Fordham and Ray Hadley are well above last year. While in Melbourne, Ross and Russ and Neil Mitchell managed to contain the massive number of people logging on each morning. We are committed to providing the best live, local news and opinion in the country and thank our listeners for their loyalty.
2GB 873 continues to be Sydney’s No. 1 with an audience share of 13. This is 2GB’s 141st consecutive win. 2GB grew its cumulative audience by 21.3% compared to the 2021 3 survey. Every week, 753,000 people tune into Sydney’s No.1 station.
- Ben Fordham Live continues to be Sydney’s No.1 breakfast with a 15.7 share.
- The Ray Hadley Morning Show maintains its unbroken run as the No. 1 morning show with a 16.5 share (up 0.7). This is Ray’s 141st straight win.
- Afternoons with Deborah Knight is the #1 afternoon talk show with a 9.2 share (12:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.).
- Drive with Jim Wilson is the #1 talk show with a 7.2 share (Mon-Fri 3:00-6:00 p.m.).
- Money News with Brooke Corte posted a 7.2 share (Mon-Thurs 7-8pm).
- Nights with John Stanley is a runaway No. 1 in its timeslot with a 19.7 share (Monday-Thursday 8:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.).
- 2GB Weekends is #1 with a share of 13.5.
Source: GfK Radio Ratings, 2GB Sydney Survey 3 2022, Mon-Fri 5:30am-9am, Mon-Fri 9am-12pm, Mon-Fri 12pm-3pm, Mon-Fri 3pm-6pm, Mon-Thu 8pm-12am, Sat-Sun 5h30-12MN, market share %, AP10+.
3AW remains #1 for breakfast, mornings, nights and weekends. The station is the No. 1 radio station in Melbourne recording an audience share of 14.7 in the 3 survey. 3AW grew its cumulative audience by 9.5% compared to the same period last year. Each week, 821,000 people tune into Melbourne’s No. 1 station.
- 3AW Breakfast with Ross Stevenson and Russel Howcroft continues to dominate the Melbourne market with a market share of 20 (up 0.8) (Mon-Fri 5:30-8:30).
- Neil Mitchell is the undisputed No. 1 in the morning with a share of 17.4 (Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.).
- Dee Dee Dunleavy is the No. 1 afternoon talk show with an 11.2 share (Mon-Fri 12:00-3:00 p.m.).
- Tom Elliott is Melbourne’s No.1 drive-thru chat program with a share of 12.3 (Mon-Fri 3pm-6pm).
- Denis Walter has increased his share to 20.5 (up 2.8 points) and is Melbourne’s No.1 night program.
- 3AW Weekends is also No. 1 with a share of 12.6.
Source: GfK Radio Ratings, 3AW Melbourne Survey 3 2022, Mon-Fri 5:30-8:30, Mon-Fri 8:30-12:00, Mon-Fri 12:00-15:00, Mon-Fri 15:00-18:00, Mon to Thursday from 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., Sat-Sun 5:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., % market share, AP10+
4BC 882 shows a 5.8 share among all people 10 years and older. 4BC also saw an increase in its cumulative audience – up 15.1% on the 2021 3 survey. Every week, 160,000 people tune in to 4BC.
- Breakfast with Neil Breen recorded a 7.5 share.
- The Ray Hadley Morning Show earned a 6.9 share (Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.).
- Afternoons with Sofie Formica recorded a 4.3 share (Mon-Fri 12:00-3:00 p.m.).
- Drive with Scott Emerson posted a 3.0 share (Mon-Fri 3:00-6:00 p.m.).
- Nights with John Stanley had a 10.2 share (Monday through Thursday 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m.).
Source: GfK Radio Ratings, 4BC Brisbane Survey 3 2022, Mon-Fri 5:30-9:00, Mon-Fri 9:00-12:00, Mon-Fri 12:00-15:00, Mon-Fri 15:00-18:00, Mon to Thursday from 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., Saturday. Sun 5:30-12MN, % market share, AP10+
6PR 882 posted a 6.2 share among all people 10 years and older.
- Breakfast with Gareth Parker got a 7.8 share.
- Mornings with Liam Bartlett recorded an 8.3 share (up 0.3).
- Steve Mills in Afternoons posted a 5.5 share (Mon-Fri 12:00-3:00 p.m.).
- Perth Live with Oliver Peterson had a 4.8 share (Monday-Thursday 3pm-6pm Friday 3pm-5.30pm).
- The Nightshift with Tod Johnston had a 10.5 share (up 1.5) (Mon-Thurs 8:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m. Friday 8:30 p.m.-12:00 a.m.).
Source: GfK Radio Ratings, 6PR Perth Survey 3 2022, Mon-Fri 5:30am-9am, Mon-Fri 9am-12pm, Mon-Fri 12pm-3pm, Mon-Thurs 3pm-6pm, Fri 3pm-5:30pm, Mon-Thu 8pm-12pm Fri 8.30pm-12pm, Market share %, AP10+
For more information, please contact:
Senior Communications Manager
Tuesday, May 31, 2022