Pitt-Georgia Tech TV channel, online, radio news for the Saturday game
The Pittsburgh Panthers are in their first conference game after scoring a massive win last week – huge in terms of volume.
The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets enter the contest against Pitt after scoring a huge conference victory last week – huge in terms of impact.
The Panthers and Yellow Jackets meet at noon on Saturday in Atlanta, both looking to establish themselves as contenders in the ACC Coastal Division.
Pitt (3-1, 0-0) strangled New Hampshire 77-7 last Saturday to close his schedule outside the conference. Quarterback Kenny Pickett threw for 403 yards and scored six touchdowns in the win. He has 15 touchdown passes and just one interception in the first four games of the season.
Georgia Tech (2-2, 1-1) upset then-No. 21 North Carolina 45-22 Last Saturday, giving the Yellow Jackets their first victory over a ranked opponent in seven tries under head coach Geoff Collins. Quarterback Jeff Sims – who was injured in the season opener – came off the bench to run for three touchdowns and pitch another.
How to watch, listen to Pitt vs Georgia Tech football
Game time: Saturday October 2, noon
TV: ACC Network
TV broadcast team: Wes Durham (play-by-play), Roddy Jones (analyst), Lericia Harris (reporter)
Radio:93.7 The fan; Sirius Channel 111; XM channel 193; SXM Canal 955 application
Radio broadcast team: Bill Hillgrove (play-by-play), Pat Bostick (analyst), Larry Richert (journalist)
Pitt-Georgia Tech Betting Line, Match Day Statistics
Chances: The Panthers are favored 3 points from Friday morning. Over / under is 57.5.
Rankings: Neither team is ranked in the USA TODAY Sports AFCA Football Coaches Top 25 Poll.
Game site: Bobby Dodd Stadium, Atlanta
Field size: Shaw Legion NXT synthetic turf
Time: Sun and clouds mixed together, high of 83. Winds 5-10 mph. Slight possibility of rain
Pitt-Georgia Tech Series
The Pitt-Georgia Tech series dates back to 1918. The Yellow Jackets lead the series 10-5 and have won the last three games and five of the last six.
Last five meetings
- 2020: Georgia Tech, 34-20
- 2019: Georgia Tech, 20-10
- 2018: Georgia Tech, 24-19
- 2017: Pitt, 35-17
- 2016: Georgia Tech, 37-34
About the Panthers
Coach: Pat Narduzzi (7th season, 45-35)
- 2021: 3-1 (0-0 ACC)
- 2020: 6-5 (5-5 ACC)
- 2019: 8-5 (4-4 ACC)
- 2018: 7-7 (6-2 ACC)
- 2017: 5-7 (3-5 ACC)
Pitt 2021 schedule and results
- Saturday September 4: Pitt 51, UMass 7
- Saturday September 11: Pitt 41, Tennessee 34
- Saturday September 18: West Michigan 44, Pitt 41
- Saturday September 25: Pitt 77, New Hampshire 7
- Saturday October 2: at Georgia Tech, noon
- Saturday October 16: at Virginia Tech, TBD
- Saturday 23 October: against Clemson, TBD
- Saturday October 30: against Miami, TBD
- Saturday November 6: at Duke, to be determined
- Thursday November 11: vs. North Carolina, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 20: against Virginie, to be determined
- Saturday November 27: in Syracuse, to be confirmed
About yellow vests
Coach: Geoff Collins (3rd season, 8-18)
- 2017-2018: Temple (15-10)
- 2021: 2-2 (1-1 ACC)
- 2020: 3-7 (3-6 ACC)
- 2019: 3-9 (2-6 ACC)
- 2018: 7-6 (5-3 ACC)
- 2017: 5-6 (4-4 ACC)
Georgia Tech 2021 schedule and results
- Saturday September 4: Northern Illinois 22, Georgia Tech 21
- Saturday September 11: Georgia Tech 45, State of Kennesaw 17
- Saturday September 18: Clemson 14, Georgia Tech 8
- Saturday September 25: Georgia Tech 45, North Carolina 22
- Saturday October 2: against Pitt, noon
- Saturday October 9: at Duke, 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday 23 October: in Virginie, to be determined
- Saturday October 30: against Virginia Tech, TBD
- Saturday November 6: in Miami, to be confirmed
- Saturday November 13: vs. Boston College, TBD
- Saturday, November 20: at Notre Dame, 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday November 27: vs. Georgia, TBD