It’s nutty how good these caramel pecan pretzel bars are
Go ahead, brownies, we’ll have these Caramel Pecan Pretzel Bars anytime, any day. The bold buttery flavor of ROLD GOLD® Recipe No. ™ Salted Butter Pretzels 5 is the perfect savory addition to the sweet indulgence of a blondie and the nutty goodness of a handful of pecans. (Bonus: pretzels offer the perfect crunch too!) Such a brilliant remix, we bet you can’t eat a single one.
Have you done them already? Let us know how it went in the comments below!
Makes: 12 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Video: How to Make Simple and Classic Latkes (The Daily Meal)
Click to enlarge
Total duration: 2 hours
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Line a baking dish with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips until just melted, about 2 minutes 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Pour everything except; ¼ cup melted chocolate in the prepared baking dish and spread in an even layer with an offset spatula.
- Reserve 1 cup of pretzels. Distribute the pecans evenly over the top of the melted chocolate in the baking dish, pressing them gently into the chocolate. Pour pretzels evenly over pecans.
- In another medium microwave-safe bowl, combine caramel and heavy cream and microwave until just melted, about 3 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the caramel evenly over the top of the pretzels and chocolate in the baking dish. Spread the reserved 1 cup of pretzels on top and gently press into the caramel.
- Stir oil into reserved ¼ cup melted chocolate and drizzle over bars in baking dish.
- Refrigerate until well chilled and set, about 2 hours. Cut into bars, sprinkle with sea salt and serve chilled.
Microsoft and its partners may be compensated if you purchase something through the links recommended in this article.
Send feedback on MSN
Please give an overall rating of the site:
Open in a new window
Open an external site
Opens an external site in a new window