Iowa-Maryland TV channel, online, radio news for Friday football game
The Maryland turtles end September with a perfect 4-0 record. They open October with their toughest test of the season.
The Terps welcome n ° 5 Iowa Hawkeyes at College Park for a Friday night showdown as they look to start 2-0 in conference for the first time since joining the Big Ten in 2014.
A win in Maryland would give the Terps their first 5-0 start since Ralph Friedgen’s magical first season as head coach in 2001. It would also be their first win against a Top 5 team since winning the Florida State # 5 in 2004.
How to watch, listen to Maryland vs Iowa football
Game time: Friday October 1 8 p.m.
- Broadband Antietam: Channels 43 and 836
- Comcast Xfinity: Channels 729, 857 and 1208
- Direct TV: Channel 219
- DISH Network: Channel 150
TV broadcast team: Tim Brando (play-by-play), Spencer Tillman (analyst)
Radio: WARK 98.9 FM / 1490 AM (Hagerstown); WTGM 960 AM (Salisbury); ESPN 980; A Maryland app; Sirius / XM channel 83.
Radio broadcast team: Johnny Holliday (play-by-play), Steve Suter (analyst)
Maryland-Iowa Betting Line, Game Day Statistics
Chances: The Hawkeyes are favored 3.5 points from Thursday afternoon. The plus / minus is 47.5.
Rankings: The Hawkeyes are No. 5 in the USA TODAY Sports AFCA Football Coaches Top 25 Poll, up one position from last week. The Terrapins collected 59 points in the poll, down from 26 last week, unofficially ranking them 30th.
Game site: Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium, College Park, Maryland.
Field size: Surf
Time: Clear sky, high around 59 at kick-off
The Terrapins and the Hawkeyes have only met three times. Maryland won at home in 2014, claiming their first Big Ten victory at College Park. Iowa won at home in 2015 and 2018.
Big Ten Power Rankings:Minnesota enters MAC black hole and Rutgers no longer kills on the road
Big Ten Football Poverty Index:Michigan, Michigan State Prove “Statistics Are For Losers”
About Maryland Terps
Coach: Mike Locksley (3rd full season, 10-17)
- 2009-2011: New Mexico (2-26)
- 2021: 4-0 (1-0 Big Ten)
- 2020: 2-3 (2-3 Big Ten)
- 2019: 3-9 (1-8 Big Ten)
- 2018: 5-7 (3-6 Big Ten)
- 2017: 4-8 (2-7 Big Ten)
Maryland 2021 schedule and results
- Saturday September 4: Maryland 30, West Virginia 24
- Saturday September 11:Maryland 62, Howard 0
- Friday September 17th: Maryland 20, Illinois 17
- Saturday September 25:Maryland 37, State of Kent 16
- Friday October 1: vs. Iowa, 8 p.m.
- Saturday October 9: in the state of Ohio at noon
- Saturday 23 October: in Minnesota, TBD
- Saturday October 30: vs Indiana, noon
- Saturday November 6: vs. Penn State, TBD
- Saturday November 13: in Michigan State, TBD
- Saturday, November 20: vs. Michigan, TBD
- Saturday November 27: to Rutgers, to be confirmed
About the Iowa Hawkeyes
Coach: Kirk Ferentz (23rd season, 172-106)
- 2021: 4-0 (1-0 Big Ten)
- 2020: 6-2 (6-2 Big Ten)
- 2019: 10-3 (6-3 Big Ten)
- 2018: 9-4 (5-4 Big Ten)
- 2017: 8-5 (4-5 Big Ten)
Iowa 2021 schedule and results
- Saturday September 4: Iowa 34, Indiana 6
- Saturday September 11: Iowa 27, State of Iowa 17
- Saturday September 18: Iowa 30, Kent State 7
- Saturday September 25: Iowa 24, Colorado State 14
- Friday October 1: in Maryland, 8 p.m.
- Saturday October 9: v Penn State, 4 p.m.
- Saturday October 16: vs. Purdue, 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday October 30: in Wisconsin, noon
- Saturday November 6: north-west, to be confirmed
- Saturday November 13: vs. Minnesota, TBD
- Saturday, November 20: against Illinois, TBD
- Friday November 26: in Nebraska, 1:30 p.m.